How do I solve the Factorio server error?
1. Allow factor through firewall
- Press Windows key + R to open Run.
- Enter the control and click OK to open the Control Panel.
- Click on System Security.
- Then click on Windows Defender Firewall.
- In the left pane, click Allow application or feature through Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click on the Change settings button. Click Yes if the UAC asks you to.
- Browse applications and find Factorio.
- Make sure the Private and Public checkboxes are selected.
- Click OK to save your changes and exit the Control Panel.
Restart Factorio and check if Factorio still cannot connect to the server. If you are using a third-party antivirus program with a firewall, make sure the application is not also blocking games.
Playing on Steam
If you or a friend are having trouble connecting to the Factorio server, ask them to connect through Steam. Several users have reported experiencing no server errors or issues when playing through Steam.
2. Check if port forwarding is configured.
- Go to the local connection settings and note down the local IPv4 address. It should look like this:
- Then open your internet browser and enter your local IPv4 DNS address.
- Enter your username and password. The username is admin and the default password on most routers is admin/password. You can also refer to your router’s user guide for more information about the connection.
- On the Router Configuration page, open Port Forwarding.
- Enter 34197 in the Service Port field.
- Also, re-enter 34197 in the Internal Port field.
- Enter your local IPv4 address in the IP address field.
- Click the Apply/OK button to save your changes.
- Open Google and search under My IP to get your IP address.
- Send your IP address and the port forwarding code 34197 to your friend.
Try to connect to the game server and make sure that Factorio cannot make a connection error.
3. Disable Windows Defender Firewall
- Press Start and select Settings.
- Go to Updates and Security.
- Click on Windows Security.
- Then select the Windows Firewall option.
- Select your current profile.
- Scroll down and drag the switch to disable the firewall.
If you have a third-party antivirus program installed with a firewall, disable that as well. Disabling the firewall seems to have solved the problem of Factorio not responding to the local network and the latency issues.
Make sure the security software is temporarily disabled and try connecting to the server to see if the error is fixed.
4. Launch the network troubleshooting program
- Press Windows + I to open the settings.
- Go to Updates and Security.
- Open the Troubleshooting tab in the left pane and select More devices to troubleshoot.
- Scroll down the list and click Internet Connections.
- Press the Run Troubleshooting button.
- Follow the instructions on the screen. You may need to select your Internet adapter to continue.
- When the process is complete, scroll down to the Troubleshooting window and click Network Adapters.
- Press the Run Troubleshooter button and follow the on-screen instructions.
If the error persists, check your WiFi equipment. If you are using external WiFi devices, check that there are no problems with the WiFi receiver. Remove the card and restart the computer.
After the reboot, insert the card again and check if it is recognized. Connect to your WiFi network and verify that Factorio could not establish a network connection to the server, the error has been resolved.
If the Factorio server does not respond, there are several reasons for this. We hope our guide has helped you solve the problem.
Did we miss a certain decision? Tell us about it in the comments below.
frequently asked questions
How do I correct the missing answer?
What does dns_probe_finished_bad_config mean?
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_BAD_CONFIG is a network connection error that appears when a DNS configuration problem prevents network connection.
How do I solve my DNS server problem?
tech-takes how to solve dns problems
Feedback,dns server not responding 2020,dns server not responding windows 10,how to fix dns server windows 10,how can i reset my dns server,dns server not responding ps5,dns server not responding xbox,Privacy settings,How Search works,Domain Name System,Google Public DNS,OpenDNS,Quad9,Verisign,Cloudflare,See more,how do i fix a dns server not responding?,dns server not available