The foldable Mi Mix is Xiaomi’s first foldable phone. The Mi Mix series has a pretty interesting history, and this series is pretty popular for a device with a trendy design. Mi Mix Fold comes with some interesting specifications. And imagine that with a dual screen, the user experience will be incredible. Is it possible? Yes, there are many modules that allow users to get the most out of their phone. But to use such modules, you need to install the phone root. Here’s how to root the Mi Mix Fold and how to unlock the Mi Mix Fold’s bootloader.
Foldable phones are getting better every year, and the Mi Mix Fold shows a great innovation. The device has a main screen of 8.01 inches and a secondary screen of 6.52 inches when folded. The main screen supports a refresh rate of 90 Hz. It is equipped with the latest Snapdragon 888 processor with 5G support. The divisional camera features a triple camera with a 108MP primary sensor, a 13MP ultra-wide-angle sensor and an 8MP telephoto sensor. There is also a 20 megapixel selfie camera.
The Mi Mix Fold is a phone with a lot of potential, and if you manage to customize it, you can add a lot of features. Fortunately, we can install Xiaomi root devices that allow users to customize their phone with different modules and apps. And since the Mi Mix Fold is a Xiaomi phone, you can root it with the same process. Rooting is always useful for users who are aware of its capabilities or who want to learn it. With the user guide, we will also cover how to unlock the Mi Mix Fold bootloader.
If you are planning to root the Xiaomi Mi Mix Fold, you should also know some basics if you don’t already. Rooting your Android phone is risky because you can lose data, but it’s part of the process. It brings many advanced features that are not available in the device by default. Some of the key features of the rooted system include custom fonts, custom startup animations, third-party themes, etc. However, rooting an Android phone requires an unlocked bootloader. So, first we will tell you how to unlock the bootloader of the Xiaomi Mi Mix Fold.
Mi Mix Bootloader Unlock
The Mi Mix Fold is a Xiaomi phone and comes standard with a locked bootloader. It prevents users from executing routines, installing custom ROMs, modifying kernels, etc. So you have to unlock the bootloader of the Mi Mix Fold first. Fortunately, Xiaomi allows users to easily unlock their phone’s bootloader. The process of unlocking the bootloader of your Xiaomi phone is simple and easy. Follow the steps below to unlock the Mi Mix Fold bootloader.
Message: Make sure you backup your device, as unlocking the bootloader will erase all data.
- Download Mi Unlock Tool from the official website because you need it to unlock the bootloader. Also install the ADB and Fastboot drivers on the computer.
- Now open the settings of your Mi Mix Fold and sign in to your Mi account. Then wait at least 7 days. You can also try it without waiting 7 days.
- Then go to Mi Account > Mi Cloud in the settings and turn on Sync & Device Search. Also synchronize all application data at least once.
- Open the settings again and go to About phone. Press MIUI 7 to 8 times continuously, and the screen will show that you are now a developer.
- To access the developer options, go to Settings > Advanced Settings > Developer Options.
- Enable OEM unlocking and USB debugging in the development settings.
- Now activate the internet connection on your Mi Mix Fold using the same number you used in your Mi account. Then again, go to Developer Options > Mi Unlock Status and link your Mi account.
- Turn off the device, then long press the volume down button and power button together to start the Mi Mix Fold in quick start mode. When a picture of Mi Rabbit appears on the phone, release both buttons.
- Make sure your computer is connected to an active internet network. Next, open the Mi Unlock tool and sign in with the same Mi account you use in the Mi Mix Fold.
- The tool will detect your phone and click Unlock Now.
- It will now unlock the bootloader of the Mi Mix Fold, and that will erase all data.
After unlocking the bootloader, you can check the status with the developers. OEM release must be enabled. And after the examination, you can start rooting. Make sure you check which requirements are important for rooting.
Steps for rooting Xiaomi Mi Mix Folding with Magisk
Here, in this rooting guide, we will use Magisk to root the Mi Mix Fold. This is a great tool for rooting Android phones. It works with almost all Android phones with an unlocked bootloader. Let’s see how to root Mee Mix Fold with Magiscom.
- Extract the boot.img file from the Mi Mix Fold firmware. You can use 7Zip or WinRAR.
- Now install the Magisk application on your phone.
- Open the Magisk application and click on Install.
- In the next step, select the Select file and correct it option.
- Find and select the boot.img file to correct the boot image.
- The output file is saved in the download directory as magisk_patched.img.
- Copy the corrected boot image file to your computer in the C:adb directory. Also rename the corrected file to boot.img.
- Restart the Mi Mix Fold in quick start mode and connect it to your computer.
- In the C:adb folder (or in the Platform Tools folder), press Shift + right-click on an empty area and select Open command window here or Open PowerShell window here.
- You can check whether the device is connected or not by entering the following command, which should return a device ID.
- Now enter the following command to flash Magisk and run Mi Mix Fold.
- Fast startup of Flash boot.img
- After flashing the corrected boot image, reboot the device into the system.
- Install Magisk Manager if it is not already installed.
- Follow the instructions in the application and the device will automatically reboot.
That’s it, now you can confirm root access via any root authentication application. You can now use all Xposed applications and modules that require root access. We also have an Xposed Framework installation guide you can refer to for modifications.
Since the Mi Fold is a high-end phone, it shouldn’t show ads. However, if you want to block other ads, you can try the best ad blockers. So there you have it, the complete guide on how to root and unlock the Mi Mix Fold bootloader. If you have any questions, please let us know in the comments section.
More Xiaomi guides:
xiaomi mi mix alpha pricemi mix 4 pricemi mix 2 pricexiaomi mi 9 price,People also search for,xiaomi mi mix alpha price,mi mix 4 price,mi mix 2 price,xiaomi mi 9 price