Does a CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED error occur when checking the value 0x0000EF after updating Windows 1903? This BSOD error Critical Process Died indicates that the default value for the Boot Loader section of the Boot.ini file is missing or invalid. Also, sometimes incompatible drivers and corrupted system files cause this critical process in Windows 10 to stop. If you are also experiencing problems with this blue screen, here are 3 effective solutions to fix CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED Windows 10.
Windows 10 critical process is dead
First, disconnect all external devices connected to the computer and force a reboot; verify that Windows 10 boots normally.
If you often get these 10 BSOD windows, we recommend booting into Safe Mode, where the windows start with minimal configuration and give you a chance to diagnose the problem.
Start the DISM utility and the SFC
This is the very first thing you should do if the error 0x0000EF occurs or if a boot.ini file is missing. When you run the System File Checker utility, missing or damaged system files are automatically detected and restored with the appropriate utility.
- Find the command line, right-click and select Run as administrator,
- First run the DISM State Restore command: DISM / Online / Cleaning up the image / Restoring health
- It allows you to check the integrity of your operating system files and restore damaged, corrupted or modified files.
- Then run the system file utility: sfc /scannow and press Enter.
- Let the scan finish at 100%.
- Restart the windows after the scan is completed and check that the windows starts normally. No more BSOD errors at startup.
alt=Loop DISM with sfc utility width=687 height=386 data-ez= data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/Fix-the-Critical-Process-Died-Stop-Code-0x000000EF-in-Windows.jpg />
Update device driver
As mentioned earlier, incompatible drivers are one of the most common causes of stop code. It is therefore advisable to check that none of them need to be updated.
- Press Windows key + R, then type devmgmt.msc and press Enter to open Device Manager.
- Check here if there is a yellow exclamation mark next to a device.
- If you find an exclamation mark, right-click on the corresponding device and select Update Driver Software from the context menu.
- Otherwise, right-click on the device(s) and select Delete.
- Restart the computer to apply the changes. Windows will then automatically install the default drivers for the above device.
Disable quick start
Moreover, some users suggest disabling the quick start function to solve the error BSOD Critical Process Died. You can try this.
- Open Control Panel, click Power Options under all Control Panel items.
- On the left side of the window, click the Select button, which will enable the device.
- If necessary, click the Change Settings button, which is not currently available under Set On/Off Buttons, and enable password protection.
- In the Shutdown Options section, uncheck the Enable Quick Start (Recommended) checkbox to disable hybrid shutdown.
- Click the Save Changes button to save the changed settings.
- Close the Power Options window when you are finished.
- See what the problem is.
alt=quick start in windows 10 width=720 height=538 data-ez= data-ezsrc=http://server.digimetriq.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/04/1618641159_653_Fix-the-Critical-Process-Died-Stop-Code-0x000000EF-in-Windows.jpg />
If the problem occurred after a recent change, we recommend undoing the change and removing the app that caused Windows 10 to die after installation. You can also perform a system restore to restore the settings of Windows 10 to the previous operating state.
If none of the above solutions work for you, you can try updating Windows 10 via Settings > Update and Security > Restore > Reset this PC > Startup > Save files and follow the on-screen instructions provided here.
Did these solutions help with the critical Windows 10 process? Give us your thoughts in the comments below, also read:
frequently asked questions
How do I fix a critical process error in Windows 10?
Can the death of a critical process not be repaired?
Help, how can I solve this problem? ….
How do I restore a critical process from a dead-end start cycle?
Blog – critical processes…
Feedback,stop code critical process died redditcritical process died keeps restartingcritical process died windows 8critical process died ssdwindows 10 critical process died no safe modestop code critical process died windows 10,People also search for,windows 10 critical process died no safe mode,stop code critical process died windows 10,stop code critical process died reddit,critical process died keeps restarting,critical process died windows 10 fresh install,critical process died windows 10 no boot up,critical process died windows 8,critical process died ssd