One of the most important steps in creating a website is the design. It very much depends on what the source will look like: Attractiveness to the audience, ease of interaction with the menu, and most importantly, the ability to make money: whether it’s selling a product or getting likes on Facebook.
Therefore, the look and feel of the site must be designed responsibly – and that means care must be taken in UX and UI design. What are these concepts and how do they differ when hiring a ux developer?
What is UX design?
Strictly speaking the word design is not quite appropriate in this case, it is a parody. If we go back to web development and design, UX should solve the following tasks:
- easy retrieval of all information required by the user;
- an intuitive orientation into the structure of the page as such ;
- Develop typical scenarios for website visitor behavior;
- Facilitate the execution of commercial actions envisaged by the user.
It is based on these objectives that the UX design of the site is developed. An approximation method for this case can be constructed in the form of some standard schemes:
- Analysis of tasks on site. Selling a product, offering a text to read, attracting and keeping the attention of the audience, promoting a brand, etc. – Based on this, the future direction of the work is chosen.
- Audience Survey. Buyers of mp3 songs behave differently on the website than buyers of many building materials. Therefore, the logic of the organization of resources must take this into account and be adapted to such a situation.
- Create a site map. The objectives of the portal and the nature of the audience determine the architecture’s layout: the home page, the sections and subsections, and the last page – so that the transitions between pages are easy to navigate.
- Prototyping. For all typical portal pages, you need to create a custom template that defines the main blocks, their position relative to each other, visual changes on hover and click, etc.
- Review. Even before you get a style shell, you need to check if the site is clear to the user, if the interface is difficult to use, if the visitor is achieving a business goal.
What is user interface design?
In the case of the user interface, the word design is much more appropriate: Specialists in this area, if you hire a UI developer to develop exactly the look of the site, from block design to fonts with pictures. However, it is important to understand that a good UI design is not only beautiful, but also functional. This abbreviation stands for user interface.
Thus, the stylistic techniques chosen should be both attractive and meet the UX objectives, i.e. help the user to quickly navigate through the site’s structure and menu. Thinking back to our car example, the user interface is to design the steering wheel so that nothing distracts the user from their main task with a similar tool.
As with UX design, there are many important goals in UI design for a website:
- Simplify the perception of the architecture of the site, of its logical blocks;
- visual set of pages and individual elements of the website ;
- easy perception of the information on the page (text, images, etc.)
- The aesthetics of the uniform visual identity of the site.
It should be noted that design is often developed in parallel with UX and is inextricably linked to UX (which explains why these tasks are often entrusted to the same specialist). As an example of a scheme for creating a user interface, a typical scenario can be created:
- Assessment of functionality and target audience ;
- Concept development ;
- Prototyping ;
How to create a quality UX/UI website design?
The biggest challenge is choosing a competent and qualified contractor. He must have enough experience in this field and a real foundation to develop a website design that is not only beautiful and effective, but also productive.
frequently asked questions
What is UI and UX development?
ui-ux-frontend – Job Description.
What is UX development?
Is the UI a part of the UX?
Feedback,difference between ui and uxdifference between ui and ux developerwhat is ui and uxux meaningux designux full form,People also search for,Figma,Adobe XD,Sketch,Axure RP,Justinmind,See more,User interface design,User experience design,Interaction design,Web design,User Experience,UX design,UX design meaning,difference between ui and ux,difference between ui and ux developer,what is ui and ux,ux meaning,ux full form,what does ux stand for