Want to know what the best alternatives to MS Office are? Want to use another package instead of Microsoft Office applications? Microsoft Office has become a part of our lives. It is a universal tool for creating, opening, viewing and editing documents (text, Excel, presentation, etc.). Although this is a well-known and most widely used set, there are some problems, including. B. General functionality issues, difficulty finding apps for Windows 10, etc. So some people will want to use a different software instead of Microsoft Office.
If you are looking for the best competitors of Microsoft Office, then this article is the right choice for you. In this guide, you will learn about the best alternatives to MS Office for Windows, Mac, Android and iOS, as well as their features, benefits and drawbacks.
Best free office alternatives to MS
1. LibreOffice: Best free alternative to MS Office
When asked what is the best alternative to MS Office, LibreOffice is the first name you hear most often. So let’s see what Libre Office is, what its features are and more information about LibreOffice.
What is LibreOffice?
LibreOffice is a free office suite. It is a more powerful suite than the other MS Office alternatives. It is originally based on OpenOffice.org (commonly called OpenOffice). LibreOffice has several applications that make it a smart, free and open source software package. LibreOffice is the standard package for most Linux distributions and is also available for Windows and macOS. There is the LibreOffice Viewer for Android OS. It is available in 110 languages. This package contains
- Writer (for word processing),
- Print (for presentations),
- Calc (for spreadsheets),
- Drawing (for vector graphics and flow charts, diagrams),
- Basic (for databases),
- Mathematics (for formula operation)
You can open and use them separately, depending on your needs.
LibreOffice is a powerful and versatile suite with the following features.
- Faster, smoother, smarter
- Makes documents look more professional and attractive
- Compatible with a wide range of document formats, such as Word (.doc, .docx), Excel (.xls, xlsx), PowerPoint (.ppt. .pptx), etc.
- It is free and open source software that can be used worldwide.
- LibreOffice is built on a solid legacy.
- Open source
- Free use
- A powerful apartment
LibreOffice is a free suite that you can download and use freely. But if you need technical support or other services, they are not free. This has become a drawback for LibreOffice.
2. Free Office : 100% free MS Office competitor
FreeOffice is one of the free and easy alternatives to Microsoft Office. It is available for Windows, Linux and Mac. A basic version is also available for Android users. The kit is fully compatible with all Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint formats. Allows you to view and save files in DOCX, XLSX and PPTX formats. It also supports PPT and XLS.
- Complete office suite
- Easy to use
- Completely free (for both personal and commercial use).
This FreeOffice package contains –
- FreeOffice TextMaker (word processing software)
- FreeOffice PlanMaker (spreadsheet)
- FreeOffice Presentations (presentation software)
It is available as a completely free software, you don’t have to pay anything to download and use it.
3. Office only: Best office alternative for small businesses
OnlyOffice is an open source office suite developed by Ascensio Systems SIA. It is available in 22 languages. The community edition (completely free) is best suited for small businesses, as 20 devices can connect simultaneously. The practical calendar function of Onlyoffice reminds you of your personal and professional tasks. It also supports integration with third-party developers.
- Enhanced security features
- Individual rooms included
- LDAP and Active Directory authentication
- Compliance with international safety standards
- Free and open source
- Excellent free version
Plans and prices
1. ONLIOFICI’s plans for Dox Enterprise Ediz :
- Main Server – 149
- Single server – 1200
- Cluster – EXCLUDED
2. Developer Plans only for Docs Developer Edition:
- Development server – 1500
- One server – 7000
- Cluster – Based on the number of servers calculated on demand.
4. Apache OpenOffice: Best open source alternative to MS Office
Apache OpenOffice is a leading open source software package that includes word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, graphics, databases, and more. It is available in many languages.
It uses the International Open Standard format to store all user data. It can read and write files from any software.
- It is an excellent software that is the result of 20 years of hard work. This is an open development process, so people can report bugs, request new features, or improve the software as needed.
- It is easier to learn and use than any other software.
- It is completely free and can be downloaded and used by anyone at any time.
- Apache OpenOffice is an award-winning free office suite that can display and read both ODF (Open Document Format) documents such as .odt (word processing documents)*.ods (spreadsheet documents)*.odp (presentation documents)) and Microsoft documents.
- Current file formats such as docx, xlsx and pptx are not yet supported.
- The layout is not quite the same as in Microsoft Office.
- The option to save to the cloud is still not available.
- IT matters
- Lawyers F/OSS
- Not for profit
5. Office space: Best alternative to MS Office for Windows
OfficeSuite is a cross-platform application. It was developed by MobiSystems. It is available for Android, iOS and Windows. It supports Microsoft Office (DOC, DOCX, DOCM, XLS, XLSX, XLSM, PPT, PPTX, PPS, PPTM), OpenDocument (ODT, ODS, ODP) and other widely used formats such as RTF, CSV, ZIP. OfficeSuite works seamlessly with the cloud service. Once you’ve connected your Dropbox, Box, or OneDrive cloud storage, you can access it in OfficeSuite. The contents of OfficeSuite…
- Office documents – Text editor
- Office Spreadsheets – Spreadsheet Editor
- Office slides – Presentation programs
- OfficeSuite PDF – PDF viewing and editing software
- 100% compatibility with Microsoft Office
- Available on any device
- Many cloud services
- Facilitate work in PDF format
- It enables synchronization between devices
- Single series
Plans and prices :
It is available for free use. Besides the free version, there are also premium versions.
The Premium version is available in two categories. It’s just…
In front of the house
- Family (6 users) – $49.99/year.
- Personal (1 user) – $29.99/year.
- Home and Business (1 user)-$99.99.
- Business – €3,99/month
- Business Extra – $6.99Uer/month
- Individuals and companies – 99,99
High-end MS competitorOffice
6. WPS Office
The WPS desktop is a familiar name you hear in your daily life. It is a practical tool for students, teachers, officials, etc. It has nearly 1.2 billion payments. It is available for Windows PC, Android, iOS, Mac and Linux. It was established in 2016. It is available in more than 5 languages, including English.
Is the WPS desktop free of charge?
Both free and premium levels are available. At the free level, you can use Writer, Presentation and Spreadsheets, which are alternatives to the Microsoft Office suite.
The Premium level allows the user to connect up to 9 devices simultaneously. It also gets rid of all the annoying ads that usually appear in the free version.
Plans and prices :
WPS Premium :
- 59,99 / 2 years
- 18,99 / 6 months
WPS Office license for single use :
WPS Template Premium :
- 4.99 / 1 month
- 23,99 / 6 months
- 47,99 / 1 year
The WPS Office Suite includes the following applications.
- PDF Converter for Windows
- Data Recovery
- Online PDF Converter
- WPS PDF for Android
- WPS documents
- Complete and sign WPS for Android
- PDF Converter Pro for Android
- PDF editor for Android
- Generous free level
- Multilingual support
Some features are only available in Premium class
7. Google workspace
Google Workspace (officially called G-Package) is one of the alternatives to Microsoft Office and is developed by internet hero Google. It provides strong authentication for its user accounts. Google has designed this Google workspace to meet privacy and security best practices.
Google Workspace Suite includes
- A modern security system for cloud computing
- Access and Authentication
- Strong authentication
- Centralized access control to the cloud
- Check for suspicious entries
- Enhanced email security
- Context sensitive access
- Enhanced Protection Program
- Protection of assets
- Preventing data loss
- Spam detection
- Malware detection
- Prevention of phishing
- Protection against phishing
- It’s multiplatform
- Integrated with Google Drive.
- Available mobile applications
- It does not convert formats perfectly (formatting problems).
- Fancy (less friendly)
Plans and prices :
- Business Starter – ₹125 INR/month
- Business Standard – ₹672 INR/month.
- Business Plus – ₹1260 INR/month.
8. Apple Office Suite or iWork: Top MS Office alternative for Mac
Apple Office Suite, officially called iWork, is an office suite developed by Apple Inc. for the macOS and iOS operating systems and available on all platforms through the iCloud website.
- With very little effort, you can create amazing documents with pages.
- When you use Scribble, handwritten content is converted to typed text.
- All you have to do is find a template that fits perfectly with the report you want to create, set it up, insert images, etc.
- Without changing the context, you can watch, zoom in and out.
- You can also play videos (YouTube, Vimeo, etc.) in the document.
- It can add and play videos in spreadsheets.
- The text fits perfectly with the RegEx function.
- XLOOKUP offers figures that are more compatible with Microsoft Excel.
- Make changes to shared spreadsheets offline and those changes are automatically uploaded when your account comes back online.
- Turn on dark mode to give Numbers a dramatic, dark look and highlight your content.
- It uses smart categories to quickly organize and summarize charts and gain new knowledge.
- Keynote Play videos and movies continuously on slides without having to start and stop them, pick up where you left off, or cut them into sections.
- Align objects using motion paths.
- Keynote Add elegance to mathematical equations with LaTeX or MathML notation.
- It is not generally available, so there is much less support and manuals online if needed.
- Compatibility issues between formats.
LibreOffice, which we have already discussed, is also a better alternative to MS Office for Mac.
Best alternatives to MS Office for Android :
So far we have seen many alternatives to Microsoft Office. However, this applies to both Windows and Mac. Most are not available on Android devices or do not work efficiently. So we need dedicated MS alternatives that work well on Android devices. In this section, we look at the best alternatives to MS Office for Android devices.
9. Branch office:
Polaris Office is one of the alternatives to Microsoft Office, designed specifically for Android devices. In this section, we will see what the features, disadvantages, etc. are.
- Supported file formats : DOC, DOCX, PPT, XLS, XLSX, PPS, PPSX, TXT, HWP, ODT and PDF. (NEW) CSV format is now supported.
- Support for 18 international languages: It supports 18 languages, including English, French, Japanese, Arabic, Russian, German, Spanish, Italian, etc.
- Polaris Office now only supports KitKat 4.4 and higher operating systems.
- Like Google Drive, Dropbox, OneDrive, Polaris Drive is the default cloud, but other cloud services like Google Drive, Dropbox, Box, OneDrive are also available.
- Compatibility : This Polaris reader is fully compatible with Microsoft Office, PDF Reader & Converter.
- Put it together: You can access this kit quickly and easily, anytime, anywhere and on any device.
- Collaboration – Write notes directly with your hands, then easily share your idea with others.
- Too many ads will always bother you. If you want to remove these ads, you have to pay $4.99.
Plans and prices :
Polaris Office is available for free, but some features are reserved for the premium version.
Plans for premium versions
- Smart Plan ($3.99 per month and $39.99 per year)
- Per plan ($5.99 per month and $59.99 per year)
Smart Office is an intuitive and easy-to-use application for viewing, editing, creating, presenting and sharing documents on Android devices. It supports MS Office Word (.doc, .docx), PowerPoint (.ppt, .pptx), Excel (.xls, .xlsx) document formats. It supports one-step editing, footnotes and endnotes and has many features such as.
- Supports One-Drive
- Dark content support
- Editing footnotes and notes (.docx)
- Numerous bug fixes and performance improvements
- PDF editing (PRO function only)
- You can quickly view, edit, create, share, save and print MS Office documents in secure mode.
- Ready-made templates are available to facilitate the creation of new documents.
- Cloud support: Open and store documents in the cloud. To do this, just sync with Google Drive, Dropbox, Box and OneDrive.
- You can view the contents of the document in full screen.
- Dark content support
- Password protection support (Office x files) : Open, view, edit and re-save encrypted documents on your device.
- You can create presentations directly from your Android mobile device or via a projector.
- You can view, annotate, highlight and share your PDF documents.
- With this Smart Office you can convert, export and save Office documents in PDF format.
- Support for more than 15 languages.
There are many other features you can get with the premium version.
11. Office and Opening
AndrOpen Office is the world’s first port of OpenOffice for Android devices. It is a powerful and complete office suite. With this AndrOpen Office you can view, edit, create, paste and export all Office documents with all the features of OpenOffice. It is not related to the Apache OpenOffice and LibreOffice projects.
AndrOpen Office is an office suite that contains 5 main components:
- Writer (for word processing)
- Calc (for spreadsheets)
- Print (for presentation graphics)
- Drawing (for drawing)
- Mathematics (for calculating equations)
- You can view, edit, insert and export all types of Office documents.
- PDF export and import options
- It has a high degree of accuracy
- It supports an embedded object
- Save your documents in advanced file formats (DOC, DOT, RTF, XLS, XLT, PPT, POT, ODT, ODS, ODP, ODG, ODF, SXW, SXC, SXD,) SXI, SXG), SXM, PSD, SVG, EMF, WMF, TIFF, DIF, SLK, PBM, PGM, PPM, MET, RAS, SVM, XPM, PCT, DXF, HTML, PCD, PCX, TGA and more).
- Password encryption support
- Internationalisation and localisation
- Macro supports
- This package supports Google Drive or Box (Android 4.4+).
- Support for Dropbox / OneDrive / NAS / WebDAV (only in the paid version)
- Spell check, hyphenation, thesaurus, printing (Android 4.4+)
Quip Suite apps are specifically designed for Android devices and can run in the cloud. The document creation tools are not as advanced as those in MS Office, but Quip is not there. You can use Quip to import documents from the cloud, including Google Drive, Dropbox, and Evernote.
- This ensures greater security of your data. All your data is encrypted, verified and monitored.
- A tailor-made suit: Multi-tenant cloud services and APIs enable flexible customization of Quip.
- Create your own private cloud: You can define all the rules for your cloud (e.g. geography, network configuration, etc.).
- You can control the content to which external access is granted and manage the authorization of external areas.
- Support for enterprise mobility management (EMM), mobile device management (MDM) and mobile application management (MAM).
- It automatically scans all files downloaded from Quip for malicious content.
- Backup and disaster recovery
- Firewall rules and IP restrictions are strictly enforced.
If you want to modify your documents to make them more user-friendly, professional or beautiful, you will spend more time doing so. Therefore, it will not be recommended to you. But if you want to work with others (together), it is recommended.
Best alternatives to MS Office for iOS
The Documents app is the most powerful app on your iOS device, performing all the tasks like MS Office. With this application you can read, view, listen and annotate all kinds of documents, including PDFs. This set of applications is designed to make our work easier, by allowing you to browse any file, even a PDF.
It is a central hub for all your files, as it replaces the document viewer, PDF reader, read-it- later reader, music and video player, file downloader, cloud integrator and a host of other applications with one elegant application called Documents. You can use it anywhere, anytime (at home, in the office, at college or on the road, every day).
- Integration of all cloud services
- Connect all your cloud services to Docs and access your personal and business files anytime.
- It sets up two-way synchronization with specific folders to download files automatically.
- You can watch movies by importing them from your computer or online sources.
- Easy access to your photo library to view and edit your photos.
- The Documents application allows you to open Office files and e-books.
- Display and tag PDF text and images, manage all PDF pages, convert any format data content to PDF.
- A VPN encrypts your data so no stranger can spy on you while you’re sending an important email or banking online at your local taco truck.
Subscriptions to Documents Plus start at $12.49 per month.
Documents is an indispensable application for the iPhone and iPad.
Best alternatives to MicrosoftWord
1. Deppbox paper
Dropbox Paper is a free word processor offered by an online cloud storage provider. Dropbox Paper is fully integrated with Dropbox, so sharing files is a breeze. It is compatible with Mac, Windows and Linux systems.
- The interface is very simple and easy to use.
- There is up to 2 GB of free memory for each person.
- This is the best package to keep your information safe in case of failure.
- Adding a file is very easy, just drag and drop.
- Dropbox is designed to access the latest version of any file.
- There is a higher risk that Dropbox server data will be compromised.
- Administrators or developers who manage the service have the right to delete free and inactive account information.
2. Google Docs:
With Google Docs, you can create, collaborate and share documents, presentations, spreadsheets, drawings and even forms. It has many additional features that make it easier to use at any time.
- Easy to learn: It’s simple and direct, so it’s very easy to understand.
- Employees have access to the database 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, provided they have Internet access.
- It stores your documents online and you can also share and publish them as a web page.
- It also supports document sharing in Word, ODT, PDF, plain text or RTF formats.
- Version control : The Contributors tab allows you to add and remove contributors (contributors can collaborate to view and edit documents).
- It’s free: It’s free to use, all you need is a Google account.
- Control : The owner of the document retains control only over the file being created.
- Of course: Because the files are always stored in the cloud, they can be accessed from a PC, Chromebook or any Android device. If you lose your device, don’t worry. These documents can be viewed with any other device.
- Compatibility : You can access it through a browser, so you don’t need to install any software. Preferably in MS Word, PDF, TXT or even ePUB format.
- Weak presentation program : Google Docs is not a powerful presentation program. It has no different styles and themes, templates, images and transitions for slides.
- It only works when you are connected to the internet (offline).
Excel’s best competitors
Google Sheets is one of the best alternatives to Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Word. It almost looks like Microsoft Excel. It has the same functions and layout as Microsoft Excel. The difference between Microsoft Excel and Google Sheets is that you need a Google account to access Google Sheets.
- Cloud storage: Google spreadsheets are stored in the cloud. This means you can access Google Sheets anywhere you have a computer or mobile device and an internet connection.
- Collaboration: You can share Google Sheet with others as you make changes that improve teamwork and take project management to the next level.
- You can edit spreadsheets in real time.
- If you are working with large data, Google Sheet will be very slow.
- Google Spreadsheets do not have a wide range of data visualization options as Excel does.
- For complex billing and reporting, the formulas are not good enough to work.
Conclusion: What is the best alternative to MS Office?
In conclusion, based on the interface, cost, ease of use and most other aspects, Libreoffice is in my opinion the best free alternative to Microsoft Office. Since this is free software that can be downloaded and used for free, you have more options. And it’s also available for Windows, Mac and Android. So you can use it on any device you want.
If you need the best premium competitor to MS Office, we recommend WPS Office. It is available for all devices.
I hope you enjoy this tutorial, what are the best alternatives to Microsoft Office for Windows, Mac, Android and iOS. If you like this lesson, please do me a favor and share it with your friends. Keep an eye on Facebook and Twitter to see what is needed. Subscribe to the WhatVwant YouTube channel for regular updates.
Best alternatives to MS Office – FAQ
What can be used instead of the word Microsoft free?
In my opinion, Dropbox Paper is the best alternative you can use for free instead of Microsoft Word.
Is LibreOffice or Microsoft better?
In terms of cost, LibreOffice is better than Microsoft Office because LibreOffice can be downloaded for free and also used for commercial purposes, while some features of Microsoft Office are only available in the premium version. LibreOffice offers better file compatibility than Microsoft Office. So LibreOffice is better than Microsoft Office.
Is Google Docs a good replacement for MS Office?
Yes, Google Docs is a great replacement for MS Office.
Is WPS office free and better than Microsoft office?
WPS Office can be downloaded and installed for free. However, some features of WPS Office are not free. If you want to use all the features of WPS Office, you need to opt for the premium version by paying a certain fixed amount.
Is Google WorkSpace free to use?
Google WorkSpace is free to download, and you can use it for free for some features. To take advantage of all the features, you need to buy a plan.
The features of the paid version also vary depending on the plan you purchase. Some features may not be available for Business Starter, while features are available for Business Standard, Business Plus.
What is the best alternative to MS Office for Android?
Polaris Office is the best alternative to MS Office for Android. And it’s fully compatible with Microsoft Office.
Support us by sharing this message:
frequently asked questions
What is the best alternative to MS Office?
The best Microsoft Office…
In which year is MS Office the best?
We recommend the latest (2016) versions of Microsoft Office products, but you can save a little money by purchasing Office 2010 or 2013. Basic applications are included in both products, which are also available in the same basic editions for home users and students and for home users and businesses.
What is the best alternative to Microsoft Word?
Online marketing Online sales
Feedback,libreoffice,ms office alternative free,free office review,reviews of free office software,alternatives of ms office,smallest free office suite,LibreOffice,WPS Office,Apache OpenOffice,FreeOffice,See more,Polaris Office,Office 365,iWork,SoftMaker Office,Hancom Office,Zoho,LibreOffice Writer,Google Docs,Pages,iA Writer,Scrivener,AbiWord,how to download free office for windows 10,office download for free